Install domus.Link - first time
This section is for installing domus.Link for the first time. For upgrading, see the "Upgrade domus.Link" Section.
The following install procedure assumes the following:
- Heyu is installed and working according to the directions. http://heyu.org
- Heyu is NOT running ($ [sudo] heyu stop )
- Heyu configuration files are located in /etc/heyu
- Heyu binary is located in /usr/local/bin
- Websever root folder is /var/www
- And domus.Link is being installed in /var/www/domus.Link
Note: Some commands that are shown may require root priveleges. Either become root on your system or pre-pend the command with sudo.
- Download latest version from http://domus.link.co.pt/download
- Un-tar to a location within the webserver root or a specific directory.
These instructions assume that /var/www is the web path for your server.
$ cd /var/www
$ tar xfvz [path to your tar file]/domuslink-XXX.tar.gz
- Change file permission's so that webserver can read/write to the following files/dirs:
$ chmod o+rw /etc/heyu /var/www/domus.Link/db /var/www/domus.Link/config.php
- Setup apache accordingly, refer to "Apache 2.2.x configuration" in this site if you don't know how to do this.
- Change permission on TTY port so that heyu can use it.
The typically used port is /dev/ttyS0 which is usually a sym. link to /dev/tts/0 so in this case use the following command:
$ chmod o+rw /dev/ttsyS0To check where /dev/ttyS0 links to, issue the following command:
$ ls -l /dev/ttyS0
- Finally, point your web browser to your webserver (ie: http://localhost/domus.Link) and start heyu using the 'START' link located on the footer.
If this does not look correct, please see the Troubleshooting section.